Mod RPGM Sana Revamped [v0.1 Test, v0.1 Light Version] [WIP] [DevLog Thread]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

tygct

Jun 6, 2017
Makes sense. Modding tools mean anyone can mess with that, maybe get some fun stuff out of it. And when that's done you can make the stuff you want. What would you focus on after the mods are in?
You mean after the mod system is implemented? I'll finish what I have left of the sex framework and probably refactor the code if needed, then release v0.2 test version.

Nov 1, 2019
If the Art rework gets completed then -if nothing else- that should be put together and published in an update to the game. There were way too much passion and work done just to be wasted. Its_Dat_Boi_Ryuna did such an amazing job!
Haha thanks, but dont worry, these art rework are going for the revamp mod, these will def wont be a waste

tygct

Jun 6, 2017
Requesting a status update please!
Mod Support Devlog 5: Mod Menu (and status update)

I'm currently working on the mods menu, the plan is to allow the player to activate/deactivate and move mods in the main menu before starting to play (new game or loading a save).

- Enable/Disable a mod is self-explanatory
- Moving a mod will determine the priority of that mod (so other mods can overwrite or be overwritten by other mods)

Mod menu (all mods enabled)
mod menu.png

example_mod and example_mod_3 are disabled
mod menu disabled.png

The game will also allow to save the current mod order as a profile, as well as loading a saved profile, the current mod order will persist between game sessions using the default (active_profile.cfg) user profile file.

Load profile file selection window
mod menu load profile.png

Save profile text input window
mod menu save profile.png

I also created the text input and file selection windows that are shown above, to allow modders use it too.

It is taking more time than expected because I'm currently changing the way the mod packages were created to allow this as well as creating a database where every mod's content will be saved so the game will be able to get the content at no performance cost. The plan is to allow mods overwrite both the base game's contents other mods contents.

And I still need to decide how to handle save games with mod data saved for mods that does not exist in the game anymore (something that will happen if you create save file with a mod active and uninstall or deactivate it later), for game items (armors, weapons, items, skills...) I will perform a clean up on the actor's information and just remove any invalid elements but the problem comes when the game is saved when the player is on a game map that does not exist anymore, I think I'll just teleport the player to a specific map or something like that

So basically, what is left to do is:
1. Implement a database where mods (and the base game) will save the contents that are added to the game to allow overwriting data
2. Make the mod menu apply the changes to the mod manager when the user exits the menu so the database is rebuilt
3. Handle save files with missing mods (ongoing)
4. Redirect all RPG Maker functions to use the mod database, instead of the vanilla database (ongoing)
5. Adapt the game interpreter (used by the game to process an event) to allow processing an event contents using a mod context and/or implement functions to interact directly with the mod database, like moving the player to a modded map, add a mod item, etc... (ongoing)

The tasks that has an "ongoing" label (task 3, 4 and 5) are tasks that are not planned for the v0.2 version because they are time consuming, I'll work on these continuously "in the background" during all test releases, the plan is to fully complete the mod support module before v1.0 is released.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019
Mod Support Devlog 5: Mod Menu (and status update)

I'm currently working on the mods menu, the plan is to allow the player to activate/deactivate and move mods in the main menu before starting to play (new game or loading a save).

- Enable/Disable a mod is self-explanatory
- Moving a mod will determine the priority of that mod (so other mods can overwrite or be overwritten by other mods)

Mod menu (all mods enabled)
View attachment 3891302

example_mod and example_mod_3 are disabled
View attachment 3891306

The game will also allow to save the current mod order as a profile, as well as loading a saved profile, the current mod order will persist between game sessions using the default (active_profile.cfg) user profile file.

Load profile file selection window
View attachment 3891304

Save profile text input window
View attachment 3891305

I also created the text input and file selection windows that are shown above, to allow modders use it too.

It is taking more time than expected because I'm currently changing the way the mod packages were created to allow this as well as creating a database where every mod's content will be saved so the game will be able to get the content at no performance cost. The plan is to allow mods overwrite both the base game's contents other mods contents.

And I still need to decide how to handle save games with mod data saved for mods that does not exist in the game anymore (something that will happen if you create save file with a mod active and uninstall or deactivate it later), for game items (armors, weapons, items, skills...) I will perform a clean up on the actor's information and just remove any invalid elements but the problem comes when the game is saved when the player is on a game map that does not exist anymore, I think I'll just teleport the player to a specific map or something like that

So basically, what is left to do is:
1. Implement a database where mods (and the base game) will save the contents that are added to the game to allow overwriting data
2. Make the mod menu apply the changes to the mod manager when the user exits the menu so the database is rebuilt
3. Handle save files with missing mods (ongoing)
4. Redirect all RPG Maker functions to use the mod database, instead of the vanilla database (ongoing)
5. Adapt the game interpreter (used by the game to process an event) to allow processing an event contents using a mod context and/or implement functions to interact directly with the mod database, like moving the player to a modded map, add a mod item, etc... (ongoing)

The tasks that has an "ongoing" label (task 3, 4 and 5) are tasks that are not planned for the v0.2 version because they are time consuming, I'll work on these continuously "in the background" during all test releases, the plan is to fully complete the mod support module before v1.0 is released.
Phew i love all the work youre putting in to this games program
Makes my CG edits look like nothing compared to the hard work youre doing ‍

Jul 30, 2018
Phew i love all the work youre putting in to this games program
Makes my CG edits look like nothing compared to the hard work youre doing ‍
you sir also have done a great deal!
both technical and art is the key part to make this project a great game!
even if it's just an edit, nobody could have thought the same as you did or even the same thought, you sir have skills and actually do something about it!
doesn't matter if you do more or do less, you all aren't getting paid so don't sweat about it ;)
wish this game the best and waiting!
love your edit btw.

Nerro

Engaged Member
Sep 9, 2017
Man, I'm really excited about all the plans for this mod(Remake, more like :p). But tbh, I also kinda wanna play the full thing before the decade ends :censored: Seems like it's gonna take forever :(

Ryuna_the_2nd

Aug 16, 2024
Update: bad news, a few weeks ago my old PC finally kicked the bucket so i kinda lost my old account cuz my email was in it
Good news, i got everything back from the hard drive, made a new account and its back to work

Ive been going ham with Sana's body
so heres what her new body would look
what do yall think so far
1000003065.jpg 1000003064.jpg

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
Update: bad news, a few weeks ago my old PC finally kicked the bucket so i kinda lost my old account cuz my email was in it
Good news, i got everything back from the hard drive, made a new account and its back to work

View attachment 3949718 View attachment 3949719
Divine, Perfection, Beauty, Goddess of Fertility are the few words that come to my mind.

Reactions: Ryuna_the_2nd

madeupfakery2

Jun 28, 2021

Sucks about the PC and account, but at least you saved your work, that would suck to flush that stuff. Think you know how many sprites are left to modify?

Gabranth2

Nov 11, 2019

I'm glad you were able to turn things around with your pc. You are a lucky duck i guess :-D
About Sana's new body i think it might have too much lighting and few shadows, plus because of the lack of shadows the detail in the nipple and areola area is missing. The size of the left boob (left from Sana's perpective) doesn't have a gravity effect to it to give that saggyness touch the original had. I'm not sure about the shoulders. The left one might be stucking out more than it should. What do you think?

Reactions: Ryuna_the_2nd

Ryuna_the_2nd

Aug 16, 2024
I'm glad you were able to turn things around with your pc. You are a lucky duck i guess :-D
About Sana's new body i think it might have too much lighting and few shadows, plus because of the lack of shadows the detail in the nipple and areola area is missing. The size of the left boob (left from Sana's perpective) doesn't have a gravity effect to it to give that saggyness touch the original had. I'm not sure about the shoulders. The left one might be stucking out more than it should. What do you think?
Haha thank you, also don't worry, this was just the wip, ill make sure the coloring and shading look on point for the model
If youre wondering why its not saggy, its cuz this is for her clothed look, its supposed to be as if her clothing is pushing her breasts up

And thank you for advice on the shoulder, something was bothering me with it haha

Gabranth2

Nov 11, 2019
Haha thank you, also don't worry, this was just the wip, ill make sure the coloring and shading look on point for the model
If youre wondering why its not saggy, its cuz this is for her clothed look, its supposed to be as if her clothing is pushing her breasts up

And thank you for advice on the shoulder, something was bothering me with it haha
Oh okay, i get it now. Thank you for explaining to me.
Nevertheless just know all of us are very grateful for your effort here but keep in mind your well deserved rest :)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes